Mobile Check Deposit
You can now deposit checks simply by using your smartphone!
Mobile Check Deposit is fast, simple and secure. First, complete the Registration Form and return it to Community Bank. If it's for a small business account, use the Small Business Registration Form. It's that simple!
You must be registered with Lake Street Mobile in order to use Mobile Check Deposit. Find out how you can register for Lake Street Mobile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use mobile capture?
Mobile capture is a free service for all consumer checking and savings accounts. Non-consumer accounts can use mobile capture for a small fee.
Is it safe?
Community Bank’s mobile capture solution uses state of the art technology solutions to ensure the highest level of security in all aspects of your mobile capture transaction.
What do I need to be able to use mobile capture?
- First, you must enroll in Community Bank’s Lake Street Online.
- Second, once enrolled in Lake Street Online you can self-enroll in Lake Street Mobile.
- Third, download the latest version of our mobile banking app from the App StoreSM (currently v2.7.10p1) for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch. Or, download from Google Play™ Store (currently v2.1.5a1) for Android™. The product works on both phones and tablets. Blackberry and Microsoft devices are not supported.
- Finally, submit our simple enrollment form to a Personal Banker, and you will be all set! If it's for a small business account, use the Small Business Registration Form.
Are there any limits on what I can deposit?
- You can deposit any check drawn off a US bank.
- You cannot deposit checks drawn off of a foreign bank.
- You can deposit a maximum of 5 checks per day.
- You can deposit a maximum of $10,000 per day.
- You can deposit a maximum of 20 checks in a calendar month.
- You can deposit a maximum of $100,000 in a calendar month.
Do I still need to endorse the back of the check?
Yes, you still need to endorse the check.
What do I do with the check after it is captured in mobile capture?
Community Bank recommends that you hold the check securely until you have confirmed that it is deposited into your account. Then, it should be destroyed, preferably by shredding, as soon as possible.
How do I know the check is approved for deposit?
There is a two part approval process.
- There will be an approval within the app, which verifies image quality.
- There will be a second approval, delivered via e-mail, which verifies the amount of the check.
If a check is input for the wrong amount, the e-mail will indicate that the amount of the check has been corrected.
When is mobile banking available?
Mobile banking is normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On occasion, there will be routine system maintenance that will make the system unavailable. This routine maintenance is usually scheduled on Sunday mornings between midnight and 6 a.m.
When will my check show up in my account?
- If you capture your check before 4:00 p.m. on a regular business day, your check will be visible in your account the next business day.
- Your deposit will be displayed with the description ‘mobile deposit’ in your account history and on your statement.
- Deposited checks will be visible in the ‘review’ portion of the app for 14 days.
- You will be able to view a copy of your virtual deposit slip and deposited check in online banking for a full 90 days.
When will the funds from my check be available in my account?
If you capture your check before 4:00 p.m. on a regular business day, the funds will be available in your account the next business day.