Financial & Consumer Resources
Click on the links below to access useful financial and consumer resources.
- 54 Ways to Save Money
- How Do I Save Automatically?
- Saving For Retirement Through an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Saving at Tax Time
- Assess Your Savings Plan
- Security in the Mobile Era
- How to Create a Strong Password
- Identity Theft Resource Guide - Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Guide for Assisting Identity Theft Victims - Federal Trade Commission
- Use Community Bank's Lake Street Online safely and securely. Click here to learn more about how online banking can be done in a safe and secure manner.
- Protect your computer against outside threats. Click here to learn how.
- Guard your personal information online against Phishing threats.
- Protect your computer against Malware viruses.
- Email Fraud Prevention Tips.
- Learn what you can do to Avoid Phishing and Identity Theft.
- See our Tips to Help Students Handle Credit Wisely.
- Tips to Protect Your Identity During the Holidays.
- Planning to buy a gift card as a holiday gift or birthday present? Before you purchase a gift card for someone, we recommend you visit Consumer Tips for Purchasing Gift Cards.
- Fraud Against the Elderly: How You Can Spot and Prevent Financial Abuse
- Protect yourself while on vacation
- Guard against identity theft - what to know and what to do
- Safeguarding your child's future and protecting them against identity theft
- Four Risky Places to Swipe Your Debit Card
- Elder Fraud: 5 Scams Aimed at the Elderly
- Travel Tips - Know Before You Go!! A few tips to make your travel safer and stress free
- Protecting Your Child's Personal Information at School
- 6 Tips to Prevent Identity Theft Today
- Scammers who send text messages want your personal information. Here are tips to avoid being scammed.
- For Seniors: 15 Quick Tips for Protecting Your Finances
- Security Tips for Online Shopping During the Holiday Season
- Phony Check Scam
Community Bank Resources
- Order Checks Online - Lake Street Online users can now order checks while banking online. Click here to learn how.
- Checkbook Reconciliation Form - Do you receive E-Statements? Our easy-to-use checkbook reconciliation form will help you reconcile your checkbook with your E-Statement.
- Move to Community Bank with our Easy-to-Use Switch Kit.
- Do you use a Mac? Learn how to download E-Statements.
- Learn how to avoid overdraft fees. Visit Five Tips to Avoid an Overdraft Fee.
- Lost or Stolen Debit/ATM Card: Report a lost or stolen card during business hours by calling 708.660.1000. During non-business hours call our bank-by-phone service at 708.660.1001 (After indicating whether your card is a personal or business card, you will be prompted to enter 7 to report your card lost or stolen)
- My Lake Street Online guide and instructions
- Community Bank's Notary Services Q&A.
- Community Bank's wire transfer request form is available for download and can be submitted using Lake Street Online. Instructions can be downloaded online.
- TRAVELING ABROAD? Be sure to notify us if you are traveling outside of the country. For your security, debit card or ATM transactions may not process when abroad, but by notifying us we can make sure your debit or ATM card still works. Call us at 708-660-1000 and ask to speak with a personal banker who can quickly take your information.
- Want to be sure your accounts are FDIC insured? To help determine your FDIC insurance coverage, you can utilize our easy-to-use FDIC tool called EDIE The Estimator.
- Calculate your finances with our financial calculators.
- New checking accountholders can learn the basics at aboutchecking.com
- Find deposit and loan rates and useful personal finance articles at bankrate.com
- Visit the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System at eftps.gov.
- Reorder checks for your Community Bank checking or money market account at deluxe.com.
- Get tips on protecting yourself against identity theft.
- ICBA and Community Bank Offer Tips to Help Students Handle Credit Wisely.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau online at bbb.org.
- Get advice on consumer rights and complaint-handling agencies at consumer-action.org.
- Access facts about consumer protection and privacy protection at ftc.gov.
- Find the blue book value of your car at kbb.com.
- If you would like an opportunity to view your personal credit report, you can link here directly to TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian.
- Effective January 1, 2012: Savings Bonds Available for Purchase Online Only
- Have You Bounced Yourself Out of a Checking Account?
- Direct Deposit Replacing Federal Benefit Checks
- Ten things your should know about debit, credit, or prepaid cards
- Paying for Everyday Expenses: Understand the Rules
- The Basics of Accepting Money from the Public
- Frauds Target Small Businesses: Don't Be a Victim
- Your Deposits: Options for Small Businesses
- Common Questions to the FDIC from Small Businesses
- More Help for Small Businesses
- Protect yourself while traveling for business
- Protect Your Customer and Client Information - Data Security Made Simpler: This data security guide from the Better Business Bureau is written specifically for small business owners, focusing on the most common data security issues small business owners face. It goes beyond telling you what you should be doing; it gives you concrete guidelines, and turn-key suggestions that will point you towards solutions and resources that are right-sized for small business owners.